LIST OF PUBLICATIONS by Clare Evans
1. Evans C. (2014) Chapter 12 “Physical Disabilities” in Teater B (Ed) in Contemporary Social Work Practice – A Handbook for Students. Open University Press: Maidenhead, pp. 106 – 118.
2. Evans C. (2014) “An Evaluation of Introductory Direct Payments Workshops – One Year’s Experience to January 2014” Devizes, Wiltshire Centre for Independent Living.
3. Evans C. (2013) “Where do I go for Help?” Devizes, Wiltshire Centre for Independent Living.
4. Evans C. (2012) Increasing Opportunities for Coproduction and Personalisation Through Social Work Student Placements in Disabled People's Organisations in Social Work Education: The International Journal, 31:2, 235-240
5. Evans C. (2012) The Self Defined Training Needs of People who use Direct Payments and Personal Budgets in Wiltshire in 2011. Wiltshire Centre for Independent Living, Devizes
6. Evans C. and Jones R. (2011) The changing pattern of Service User Involvement, in Barnes M &
Cotterill P (Eds): 'Critical Perspectives on User Involvement', Bristol, Policy Press
7. Evans C. (2008) In 'Practice from the viewpoint of disabled people', in French S. and Swain J. (eds.): Disability On Equal Terms: Understanding and Valuing Difference In Health and Social Care.
8. Evans C. and Jones R. (2006) Really Making it Happen in Wiltshire: The Experience of Service Users Evaluating Social Care in Lowes L. (ed.): 'User Involvement in Health and Social Care Research'.
9. Evans C. and Jones R. (2005) Engagement and Empowerment, Research and Relevance: Comments on User-Controlled Research in SSRG Journal, 22. (2): 5-13.
10. Evans C. (2004) Reflections on a Model of Empowered User Involvement in Journal of Integrated Care, 12. (6): 22-27.
11. Evans C. and Evans R. (2004) What Users Have to Say about their own Organisations: A Local User-Controlled Study in Journal of Integrated Care, 12 (3): 38-46.
12. Turner M. and Evans C. (2004) Chapter 3 Users Influencing the Management of Practice in 'Managing Front Line Practice in Social Care' Ed. Daphne Statham. Publishers: Jessica Kingsley, London.
13. Evans C. (2002) User Control in a Best Value Review of Direct Payments Project: A Case Study in 'Managing Community Care' Vol. 10 (5): 39-48.
14. Evans C., Carmichael A. et al (2002) Users Best Value - a guide to good practice in user involvement in 'Best Value Reviews' Joseph Rowntree Foundation, York.
15. Hanley B., Bradburn J., Gorin S., Barnes M., Evans C., Goodare H., Kelson M., Kent A., Oliver S., Wallcraft J. (2000) Involving Consumers in Research and Development in the NHS: Briefing Notes for Researchers, Consumers in NHS Research Support Unit (revised 2003).
16. Beresford P and Evans C (1999) Research and Empowerment in British Journal of Social Work, 29: 671-677.
17. Evans C. and Fisher M. (1999) User-Controlled Research and Empowerment in Shearer W. and Wells L. (eds.): 'Empowerment Practice in Social Work - Developing Richer Conceptual Foundations' - Toronto, 348-369.
18. Evans C. (1999) Gaining our Voice: The Developing Pattern of Good Practice in User Involvement in 'Managing Community Care' 7. (2): 7-13.
19. Evans C. and Fisher M. (1999) Collaborative evaluation with service users: moving towards user - controlled research in I. Shaw and J. Lishman (eds.): 'Evaluation & Social Work Practice' London., Sage: 101-117.
20. Balloch S., Beresford P., Evans C., Harding T., Heidensohn M., Turner M., (1998) Advocacy Empowerment and the Development of User-Led Outcomes in Craig Y.J. (ed.): 'Advocacy, Counselling and Mediation in Casework' Jessica Kingsley Publishers: 226-237.
21. Evans C. (1998) User Empowerment & Direct Payments in Balloch S. (ed.): 'Outcomes of Social Care - a question of quality?' NISW: 25-33.
22. Beresford P., Croft S., Evans C., & Harding T. (1997) Quality in personal social services: the developing role of user involvement in the UK in Evens A., Haverinen R., Leichsenring K. & Wistow G. (eds.): 'Developing quality in personal social services' Ashgate: 63-81.
23. Evans C. (1997) From Bobble Hats to Red Jackets, Wiltshire & Swindon Users' Network
24. Collaboratively Wiltshire Users Network (1996) I am in control - user-controlled research into Wiltshire Independent Living Fund.
25. Evans C. (1996) From those who know. The role of service users in Hanvey C. & Philpot T. (eds.): 'Sweet Charity' Routledge: 69-81.
26. Evans C. (1996) Service Users acting as agents of change in Bywaters P. & McLeod E.: 'Working for Equality in Health', Routledge: 81-93.
27. Evans C. (1995) Disability, discrimination and local authority social service 2: users' perspectives in Zarb G. (ed.): 'Removing Disabling Barriers' Policy Studies Institute: (116-123).
28. Evans C. and Hughes M. (1993) Tall Oaks From Little Acorns, Wiltshire Social Services/Wiltshire Users' Network.